Do you remember your first kiss? Probably. According to britishcouncil.org, most people remember the details of their first kiss vividly – with about 90% clarity, in fact. What’s more is that a bad kiss can ruin your chances of dating your kissing partner long-term. A…
Online Dating Personals: How to Craft a Top Online Profile
Creating the best possible profile is probably one of the most important things you can do to help yourself connect with the right person on an online dating site. Here are a few tips to help you do yourself justice:
- Check your spelling. Poor spelling and grammar is a deal breaker for some people.
- Pick the right photos. Choose photos that are shot in a flattering light and capture you from your best angle. You want to show off you have a life, so it’s great to mix a few different photos in there - from social engagements to doing what you love (like, say skiing, horse riding, attending fashion shows, etc.).
- Be honest. Your profile needs to match up to who you are.
- Be positive. You may have had some bad relationships in the past, but your profile’s not the place to talk about it. Focus on the positive things you want from a new partner or the things you like about yourself and you'll be far more likely to get a response.
Online Dating and Making the First Move
Who makes the first move online? Whoever finds someone they like amongst the profiles!
Whilst it might be commonplace that a man walks up to a woman in a bar, the woman first signals she’s willing to have him walk up to her by smiling at him. Online that would be the same as sending a wink/like, or a short message. Messages have the best response rate, so that’s the option we recommend.
When you send someone a message on a dating site, be sure to compliment them on something in their profile. That shows you cared enough to read it.
Also be sure to ask something in your message. This gives the person something to reply to, which is especially helpful if they aren’t someone who enjoy writing too much. A lot of people are better at talking than writing. For example, if they speak about their love of traveling in their profile you can ask them about a place where they’ve been, or where they plan to go next.
As soon as you figure there’s some chemistry with someone, ask to meet them for a coffee. You want to do it as soon as possible as you want to know if you have offline chemistry.
Dating Site Antics - What You Want to Avoid
Online dating should be a positive experience. Gone is the time of the online dating personals, or rather: offline dating personals in magazines where more or less desperate people were looking for love. Today everyone and their dog are looking for love online and you will find the most amazing people through online dating.
There are some things to bear in mind online to ensure you meet the best people:
- Always be honest in your profile or you will meet people attracted to someone who is not you.
- Meet someone as soon as possible as online chemistry is not the same as offline chemistry and you don’t want to waste time chatting to someone for weeks on end before meeting up.
- Be polite.
- Flirt, but build it up, as opposed to coming across too strong from get go.
- When first meeting someone, meet in public and keep it to a short meeting to avoid too much pressure.
- Contact as many people who catch your eye as possible since dating is a numbers game.
Increase your chances of finding love
Golly, shucks. It sucks being caught out on Valentine’s Day, single as can be. Like a lone wolf trapped on a floating iceberg, how will you ever return to your wolf pack and find a hot wolf-mate to love? Okay, let’s not be dramatic. Being…
Is this it? Is he the man with whom you were meant to spend the rest of your days? Is she the woman with whom you want to build a life? When you date a man or a woman, the feely-weelies and sickening lovey-doveyness at…
I think we can all officially say that Cupid.com just took online dating to the next level
George Matthews, NEWS CULT